Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day!!! This morning was officially my first ever, so Nate woke me up with breakfast in bed. He is such a good husband. How did I get so lucky? Later we went on a walk throughout the neighborhood. It is such a perfect day...sunny, cool, a light breeze. Nate thinks we should start walking everyday, which sounds good to me. Maybe it will help Stella get here sooner, rather than later!!!

Since it is Mother's Day, I want to say a little bit about my own sweet mama. My whole life I have been a "mama's girl" and even though I am approaching twenty-nine and about to have my own daughter, I am still unabashedly a "mama's girl".
When I was growing up, she was the most nurturing, caring, involved mother as well as a homeroom mom, taxi, neighborhood chef, cheerleader at our sporting events, tutor, hairstylist (I was quite lazy in the mornings), and good role model. And all this without the slightest gripe or moan. One of the many things that amazes me is that somehow she managed to raise my brother and me to be best friends, and deeply care for each other. I hope we can raise our children to have a similar bond!!!
Now that I am an adult, my mom has evolved in to a best friend. When anything happens in my life, good or bad, she is the first person I want to talk to. She is an amazing listener and has a way of making bad days good and good days great! It is ultimately comforting to know that love, support, advice, reassurance, or a good conversation is just a phone call away.
After spending a lifetime in awe of my mother, I can only hope that as I dive in to motherhood I am half the mother she has been. She is EVERYTHING I aspire to be!!!!

Love to all the Mothers and Moms-to-be!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi Megan! This made me a little teary-eyed ... you do have a great mom, and you will be absolutely wonderful too! Can't wait to hear about Stella's arrival and meet her in a couple months! Best of luck.