Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And along came a Stella...

At 9:48 pm last night, Stella Rose Little was born. She's 8 lbs. and 20 in. long, and she has a full head of brown hair and a mean set of lungs. I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful baby, but I'm probably just a little bit biased. She's healthy and whole, and mom and I are both exhausted, excited and amazed that we did this!

Short story: Meg put together a 60 song playlist for the day, and it was quietly playing on random during the delivery. Right before Stella made her entrance, the song "Question" by the Old 97's came on. It was the song playing when I proposed to Meg, and the song we danced to at our wedding...

Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

Ally_C said...

I come home from the bar to read a lovely little diddy about Stella from Nate dogg.

So let me get this straight... Meg has music playing in the background while giving birth, she gets her hair done at the hospital after giving birth... were there birds literally in your room chirping during birth as well? This sounds like a fairy tale labor.

:)

Yay for Stella being here!

Ally_C said...

PS. In this picture, I can hear Stella saying, "Get me out of this garb! I have tons of cute clothes waiting for me at home!"