Sunday, July 13, 2008

Previews of things to come

This weekend I had 2 (count 'em) previews of what life will be like in the next few months, and in the next few years.


Preview #1: Smiley Face




The "accidental" smiles are increasing in number... and they may not be due to gas! Yesterday morning I caught about three of them in a row. Even if they're just a fad and they disappear for a while, I've gotten a taste and I love it. The real ones should be here be any day now...


Preview #2: Questions





On Friday night we had the pleasure of babysitting Carissa's daughter Mikayla (pictured holding Stella and giving her a puppet show). In addition to being a loveable little 5-year old, she loves to ask questions.

My personal favorites were:

Why do ponies have tattoos? Um.. well..

What movie do you want to watch? Seems like a simple question, until through a long series of trial and error you realize that the only acceptable answer is "Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses"

And my personal favorite: Is baby crying because she smells bad?

Ah... to be young again. I wait in eager fear for Stella to ask us where babies come from.

1 comment:

Ally_C said...

I think that smile is from her thinking about us visiting soon! We can't wait either, Stella!!!